terça-feira, abril 17, 2007

Look, I have loads of chocolate muffin beneath my nails! - part III



I still don’t understand how we managed to go shopping after lunch. But you wanted some much to purchase those shoes… so we went.

After the “technical stop” at Mc Donalds, I felt I should buy something to eat so I would compensate and do not free ride that much. Also, that chocolate muffin was blinking an eye to me. You know I would never resist to such a request… from a muffin.
Everybody knows that it is just not possible to ask for something that is not specified in the list, such as chocolate muffin… with cream. However, I did it. Of course that I was told it could not be possible, but after a smile and a “at least I tried, thank you anyway!”… they did it! Just as simple as that. I’m such a manipulative person!

And as I make a mess while eating muffins cutting them in small pieces:
- Look, I have loads of chocolate muffin beneath my nails!
- That’s OK honey, you can save it for later.
- No way, I’m having it now!


Shopping for shoes in Milan on a Saturday afternoon. Slightly drunk. Still, a great purchase, they look so fine on me! And right at the exit I wore them. After all, that’s a walk in Duomo. Stupid blisters. Btw, they’re already gone.

I guess that going to the fortune teller was not such a good idea. Or, if we think better about it, it was. I realised that there are things that might happen, whereas others will certainly do. Of course that, by thinking this way, all my credibility will vanish, but the experience I have so far has proven that this thought is correct. Weird, isn’t it?

4 comentários:

Unknown disse...

I can't tell you how nice it was to read this!

First I need to thank you for taking the time to write this in English so that I could understand. And just to let you know - your English is perfect!!

Reading the words you so beautifully wrote, helped me to relive the weekend and the precious time I spent with a dear and loving friend. You know that we have been through a lot together and although we are not geographically close - YET! - you are very close to me and I cherish our time.

Spending time in Milan with you felt so comfortable and so right and I only hope to have more reunions - hopefully next time more of the old gang could join (especially long legged blondy). Who by the way sent a text message sending her love and wishing she was here with us - of course in her fashionably late way (the message was sent on Monday afternoon).

For me, the joy began when you called me and told me you had bought your ticket for Milan. Friday, I could count the minutes until you arrived and then I finally got to hug my friend. The walk, dinner, WINE, walk back and Lindt chocolate were fine. But none would have been so perfect had it not been for you!

Saturday was even better. As you wrote, we started the day in the most appropriate way - Friends! The market felt like home and the smells were just a reminder of a more carefree time. The afternoon snack and WINE were set in the most perfect surrounding. Best of all our conversation about life (always my most favorite topics).

The fortune tellers were good. I liked mine and I wish you would have gone to her - but time...anyway, I have already told you your fortune - it IS perfect!

Dinner was wonderful and the WINES were perfectly matched to the best dinner in Milan. The company were warm and, like always, entertaining. The dessert! OH GOD!!! Better then sex!

Sunday was sad for me and I missed you. I hated to see you leave and realized that the last days are alawys hard on me and I react in a subdued way. The morning was nice and the park was calming, but I knew you would leave. I miss you my friend!

I am glad you got home okay - all the WINE and mushrooms!!! Oh God!! I guess it was f!@king Disneyland!

All my love to you!

Actriz Principal disse...

mona - sweety, thank you so much for your lovely comment!

I will soon write the final post on the perfect dinner with B. and D. and on the day after, so to finalise the memories of the fantastic time I had with you.

Some things will never change: long legged blondy will always be late, Milan will always be important to me, and we will always keep in touch.

My fortune is what I will make of it, even if I do not control all the variables. Still, I prefer that way, otherwise life would be just a walk in the park: could be calm and relaxing, but where is the roller coaster?

Book the flight! ASAP! You know the dates.

Lots of love!

AEnima disse...

oh linda... admito que ler-te em ingles da-me imensa vontade de rir, porque e' como se te estivesse a ouvir falar portugues... so com uma pronuncia diferente... bue da giro, mesmo. Usas assim uns termos e umas construcoes frasicas que nao lembra o diabo :) eheheheh Mas muito bom! Caramba que ja deu para topar que falas pelos cotovelos em qualquer lingua :)

Actriz Principal disse...

aenima - digamos que o meu inglês já foi bem melhor do que é hoje em dia. O italiano também. Não praticando por aí além, é esta desgraça que se vê. Contudo, o pessoal vai percebendo.
Com os copos, consigo falar fluentemente castelhano (língua que me faz confusão, pois tenho tendência para mudar para o italiano logo na 2ª frase). Muito com os copos, falo linguagem universal, toda a gente me compreende, hehe!