segunda-feira, abril 16, 2007

This is no f***ing Disneyland! – Part I




Dear M.,

This one is just for you!

You knew about my blog. I know you would like to understand what the hell was written in there, but your Portuguese ends in the bom dia and obrigada (yeah, that’s how we spell it, I guess you didn’t know that one as well).

So, this post, as well as the next ones (I don’t know exactly how many yet, the weekend was long even if the time was short) are totally dedicated to you and to the fantastic time we had back in Milan, where I hope to go once more. Soon!
If there’s something you don’t understand… it’s not your lack of intelligence; just blame it on my poor English!

Day one would have been better if the stupid plane had departed on time. Remember when we used to say that TAP should stand for Take Another Plane? It couldn’t be more correct!
Of course that choosing ALITALIA wouldn’t be wise also… Aircraft Landed In Texas, And Luggage In Arkansas… or Always Late In Take-offs, Always Late In Arrivals. And so on…

The truth is that as soon as I entered the aircraft, I was already eager to go back home, as it was full of noisy Italians! Christ, those people can make such a huge mess!
Anyway, I got a nice place. Too bad that the guy next to me was ugly and tried to make some kind of conversation about the sandwich I had, instead of minding his own business. I just find it weird that I saw him again the day after in the marketplace… small world.

You have been so lucky with the weather! I definitely took too warm clothes; even if my bag was half empty (I know I would fill it in…). I do not recall being able to wear a shirt during the evening in April in Milan!

Our evening was really nice. I loved your idea of biting something. I confess I appreciated even more the drinks. Which wine was it? Maybe Barolo… and that risotto with taleggio and the pasta with gorgonzola and pere… divine! I got dizzy in the middle of the meal, but you were already ahead, weren’t you?

How come you did not updated my on the latest gossips before? So many changes, so many news, and I was totally ignorant about it! Anyway, we had plenty of time to discuss them all.


I think we started Saturday in the best possible way: having a great breakfast at Friends!
The cappuccino with my name (poco caffè, tanta schiuma e ancora un pò di cioccolato... do you recognise it in the pic?), the pastry and the frullato di fruta con l'iogurt... tasty! All of it served by that amazing ass with a guy surrounding it.
It felt so good to meet the Friends family again! And they remember our names after all this time! And the pictures we took… that was no f***ing Disneyland, but who cares?

Even if by going to that area I knew I would be revisiting the past, it felt great. As I told, you can always remember the dead, but you can well live with it, right? And yes, I was expecting those questions from them and from everybody else, I find them normal.

Going to the Saturday market, following the old routines, and seeing the same old people was good. The guy that sells the porcini recognised me after more than one year... but he had no porcini! Shit! That was too bad. Anyway, more pictures… no f***ing Disneyland, I know, but I had to take them. And yes, I guess these mushrooms I got must be great as well, even if they are not porcini.

Only us can ask for a piece of cheese to have it right away in the middle of the street… and take more pictures on that! The great torta duetto con le noce (I’m sure almost no one knows this is a divine mix of cheeses), the salami… and the shirts. Red and orange, the colours that fit better with my personality!

It was a good idea to stop at Viola at noon to reserve the table for the evening, otherwise I would not have the possibility of greeting the owner. He’s a cool guy and always liked me very much. Too much, according to someone we knew in the past…

The amazing lunch we had would certainly make a post on its own, so I’ll think of it and post it afterwards.

2 comentários:

Ms D. disse...

Até já pões fotos no belogue! Estou marabilhada!!

**

Ps:mas ainda não te desculpei de não teres estado cá no domingo...

Actriz Principal disse...

ms d. - sabes como é, sempre a evoluir. Um destes dias até descubro como se consegue pôr a tocar canções bonitas. É que volta e meia gosto de dar música! Por enquanto, fotos e posts em estrangeiro (ainda que temporariamente).

Infelimente, não possuo o dom da ubiquidade. Quer dizer, por acaso até o tenho bastante desenvolvido, mas apenas a parte intelectual (a chamada cabeça no ar). A física ainda não se mexeu (ainda). Isto poderá dar um post brevemente. Fica sabendo que estive lá em pensamento!

Beijo enorme!